Random Question from My Pedicurist

“Have you been to Aruba?” asked the gentle Vietnamese pedicurist who spoke only enough English to communicate nail length and color.
“Excuse me?” I asked.

“Aruba. Have you been to Aruba?”

Mind you, this is the only piece of conversational chit-chat she’s attempted in the 15 minutes we’ve been together.

“Uh, no, I haven’t been to Aruba. Have you?” I replied…

Click here to download my book, Just Kidding (not really) to read the rest of this and 60 other funny essays about life, marriage, kids and being neurotic.

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

11 Responses to Random Question from My Pedicurist

1. ep vaughnh says:

So nice to have you back on the job, Angela. Enjoy your wit.

2. Thank you so much!!! Wow, I didn't know people read my rantings.

3. Valerie says:

Oh my word, LOL!

4. Donella says:

Ha! I don’t even like visiting hair salons because I’m not great at chitchat. I’d rather sit in silence. I’m not sure how I would have responded after such an odd question!

5. shelahmoss says:

Chit chat in salons can be so awkward.

6. Kate says:

Thanks for the laugh!

7. What? So, do you think if you had said yes, she’d have treated you like a new soulmate and shared deep dark secrets? Maybe it was code for a secret club and you’re not in because you gave the wrong response… LOL

Traci, that is hilarious…and so possibly true! I bet it was a secret code question. And my response was supposed to be some sort of password. Guess I’m not in the club. Story of my life.

Very much. I usually try to read so the pedicurist will leave me alone.