Today’s post is July’s Funny Friday, a regular feature published on the last Friday of the month. Yes, I know it’s August. But July ran out of Fridays. And that’s not my fault. (I plan to write July a strongly worded letter of reprimand for its blatant lack of preparation).
Funny Friday is a collaborative project. Each month, one of the participants submits a picture. Then we all write five captions or thoughts inspired by the photo. Links to the other bloggers’ posts are below. I hope we bring a smile to your face as you start your weekend.
1) What the crap! The brochure said jazz. This is the lamest band camp I’ve ever been to.
2) Yo, Tall Guy! Don’t you know that Chess Club meets in the gym on Fridays? Get off my turf before I king you.
3) I wonder if the air is thinner up there.
4) What’s UP? LOL Get it? I was making a joke about how tall you are……. oh, yeah. I guess you have heard that one before.
5) JOEY: Wait a minute. I know you. You’re Enes Kanter. You play basketball for the Utah Jazz.
ROGER MURDOCK: I’m sorry, son, but you must have me confused with someone else. My name is Roger Murdock. I’m the gym teacher.
JOEY: You are Enes! I’ve seen you play. My dad’s got season tickets.
ROGER MURDOCK: I think you should go back to your homeroom now, Joey. Right, class?
OTHER STUDENTS: Nahhhhhh, he’s not bothering anyone. Let him stay here.
ROGER MURDOCK: But just remember, my name is…COACH MURDOCK. I’m the gym teacher.
JOEY: I think you’re the greatest, but my dad says you don’t work hard enough on defense.
And he says that lots of times, you don’t even run down court. And that you don’t really try… except during the playoffs.
ROGER MURDOCK: [breaking character] The hell I don’t! LISTEN, KID! I’ve been hearing that crap ever since I was at UCLA. I’m out there busting my buns every night. Tell your old man to drag Walton and Lanier up and down the court for 48 minutes.