Today is August’s Funny Friday, a regular feature posted on the last Friday of every month. Funny Friday is a collaborative project where one of the participants submits a photo. Then we all write five captions or thoughts inspired by it.
Links to the other bloggers’ posts are below. I hope we bring a smile to your face as you start your Labor Day weekend.
Today’s photo was submitted by ME!!!!!
1. “What the…? Linda, I thought you said we’d never see your first husband again.”
2. With this new rattlesnake skin ice cream container, you’ll never have to worry about someone eating your Rocky Road again. Also comes in water coral snake, cobra and python. Call within the next five minutes and we’ll double your order.
3. Sweetie, your regular lunchbox ice pack melted in the dishwasher, so I had to improvise. Try not to be alarmed when you open your lunch today.
4. I’m trying to cut down on grocery store trips and use ingredients I have on hand. Would you believe that Pinterest doesn’t have a single recipe calling for blueberries and rattlesnake?
5. And now the story behind this photo…My dad was one of the most genuinely unique characters God ever put on this Earth. He had a trillion different interests, rescued probably a hundred stray dogs and could bring a laugh to the most sullen of people. Causing someone to scream via a good practical joke was his favorite thing in the world.
He passed away suddenly on March 8th of this year due to a weak heart and an undiagnosed blood clot.
Two days after the funeral, we were trying to figure out what to do with ALL the food brought by friends and family. My arms loaded with three oversized Pyrex dishes, I opened the door to the storage room freezer…and almost lost my bladder control…along with the broccoli soufflé, potatoes au gratin and squash casserole.
He’d done it AGAIN! “Dang you, Robert Hall.”
I’m quite sure he had the folks in Heaven laughing heartily as they watched his daughter step unsuspectingly into his final practical joke…or at least the last one we’ve found.
Happy Friday, everyone!
Let’s see what the other bloggers wrote. I’m traveling and posting from my phone again. If these don’t turn into links, just copy and paste. They’re guaranteed to be worth the read.
Baking in a Tornado
Stacy Sews and Schools
Someone Else’s Genius
The Three Gerbers
On the Alberta Montana Border