Five Truths and One Lie

For NaBloPoMo Day 20, I’m participating in the five truths and a lie game with my Nablo blogging group. You know the game, right? Decide which statement you think isn’t true and post your answer in the comments. I sort of wish it was five lies and one truth. That way I could make myself sound a little less ordinary.

If you’d like to play along on your own blog, feel free to join us. Send me a link and I’ll tweet and post it on my Sanity Facebook page.

Okay, here goes…

1) When I was pregnant with my first son, I had ravenous cravings for blood and raw meat everyday.

2) I supported myself through college working as a radio disc jockey and voice over talent.

3) I’m not afraid of spiders. Really, I’m not.

4) I was once on a roller coaster that malfunctioned, leaving us stuck on a steep incline for three terrifying hours.

5) I create artwork made of recycled hardware in my spare time.

6) I once fell into an open septic tank.

I’ll post the answer tomorrow.

30 Responses to Five Truths and One Lie

Angela, my goodness but do I ever hope your #6 is the lie! Somehow I feel it’s not though… This is good. I have to go with #3, spiders.

OMG I hope for your sake #6 didn’t happen but I feel, like Elin, that it probably did. You don’t seem like someone who would be scared of spiders (!) so I’m going with #1!

3. CaptCruncher says:

There a 2 I want to be lies. Adding one of them to my list :)! Can’t wait to hear the true stories tomorrow!!!

And I am hoping it’s #! or else they’ll have to make a Movie of the Week about you! Hmm…

Ruth!!!!! You’re being such a darn tease today! As Homer Simpson once said… “I WANT ANSWERS NOW OR I WANT THEM EVENTUALLY!!!” Guess I’ll have to wait til tomorrow.

Lol, thanks, Cathy.

Lol, this is fun. I wish we had more writing games.

We’ll have to wait and see. I’m so looking forward to everyone’s reveals.

9. doreenb8 says:

I’m really hoping it’s #1 but then I’ve had ssen ome wacky cravings. The spider eeeeek but somehow I don’t think they scare you.
    Your son is adorable and I’m sticking with #1.

Lol. Thanks, Doreen!

11. Sarah Mac says:

I’m going to go for number 4 purely on the basis that only mad people go on roller coasters and you’re not …. Oh, hang on … Ok, changing to number 2 only because no one else has guessed that one – sounds like a fun game so I’ll give it a go tomorrow.

Please do, Sarah! I’ve had so much fun with this today.

13. Oh, this is another good stumper list. As a vegetarian, I’ve got to go with #1. As a human though, I am praying on all things holy, #6 is not true.

Lol, I didn’t think about how vegetarians would respond to this Guess that would really bother you. Sorry.

15. mysocalledmidlife.net says:

I have to say #6 because it’s outrageous and well, ewwww…sorry if it isn’t a lie!

16. Oh my. No. 6 is, I hope, it. Yucky yuck yuck BLECH!

Wow! Im really surprised at how unvaried the responses are.

18. I’m going to say I hope #6 isn’t true. But that spider is pretty awful. So maybe that one is it.

You might be right about six. Maybe.

20. I snorted. Too funny. I just thought — I should have put Angela Weight’s sister saved my life by diagnosing my appendicitis. Oh well. There’s always next year. Your list is really tough. Hmm. I’m thinking the septic tank. Though it could have happened. Great image though.

Pamela never told me that. She’s so modest, though. And very cool. Im glad you snorted. Thats always a good thing.

22. Pingback: 5 Truths and 1 Lie: The Big Reveal | Transitioning Mom

23. Pingback: Did You Spy the Lie? | Cranium Crunches Blog

24. These are way too hard to decide and I hate guessing. So I was thinking it was 5 or maybe 1 but I am going with 3 because I think the picture was put there to trick me! Ha ha ha!

25. Dear God, I hope it’s #6.

Wendy… I like your thinking. Tune in today….

Lol, Cheryl. You always crack me up.

28. Carolann says:

I would day number 4 is the lie…great post…funny! I hate spiders and was going to say that one…but I guess some folks acutally like them!

Thanks, Carolann. I’m not afraid of spiders, but I don’t hang out with them if I can help it. I’m still craving the onion biscuits.